Public Libraries of the Future Essay Contest
The Gulf Beaches Public Library Essay contest runs October 1 – November 30, 2023. Winners will be announced on December 20, 2023. Winning essays receive up to $100 cash prizes.
Theme and Criteria
- Public libraries have undergone drastic changes since their inception. With new advances in technology being made every day, the process of looking for a book to checking out has completely evolved. Instead of endlessly browsing catalog cards, patrons can simply search for an item online with a few easy clicks. When it comes to checking out items, there are self-checkout machines that do all the work for you. Using a public library has never been easier!
- For this essay, please write what you imagine a public library will look like in 20 years.
- You must create an original essay that is not plagiarized.
- Your essay must not exceed one page in length
- Your essay must be single-spaced
- Font must be size 12, Times New Roman
- Failure to comply with this criteria may result in disqualification.
Norman Bungard has been a long-term patron of the Gulf Beaches Public Library. We are grateful for his sponsorship of the Haiku contests held at the library last year, as well as his continued efforts to sponsor our upcoming essay contests.
- You may submit your essay in-person at the library or online starting October 1 and ending November 30.
- One entry per person.
- Please note that there are two age groups – Junior (ages 10-17) and Adult (ages 18+). Indicate which group the essay is for upon submission.
- Please include your email and phone number with your submission so that we can notify you if selected as a winner.
- Winners will be announced December 20.